Baked Chicken Tenders
I wanted to make chicken tenders from scratch this weekend, but I realized I didn’t know any great baked chicken tenders recipes. I did some research, educated myself, and now I want to share my findings with you!
Chicken tenders are a classic meal that is fun for the entire family. What’s not to love? You have juicy chicken surrounded by a golden brown crunchy coating. Out of all the chicken recipes in the world, chicken tenders may be my favorite to make (and eat). It is a perfect finger food that can work for appetizers, full meals, or salads.
Below you will find some of our favorite chicken tender recipes. While many chicken finger recipes cook them in a deep fryer or air fryer, we wanted to focus on chicken tenders baked in an over. If we missed any of your favorites, let us know on social media!
6 Baked Chicken Tenders Recipes
1. Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Betty Crocker
Great for beginners!
Betty Crocker’s recipes have been an American staple for generations. This over-friend chicken tender recipe is a classic, and a great starting point for people who are learning to make their own chicken tenders at home. Part of what makes this recipe great is the addition of grated parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs. More cheese is always better in my book!
2. Easy Baked Chicken Tenders by Allrecipes
Simple and easy!
Allrecipes is one of my regular go-to’s when it comes to learning different recipes. This recipe for easy baked chicken tenders has no bells and whistles. It can be a great simple dish for picky eaters. It can also be used as a starting point for building your own unique chicken tender recipe. All of the basics are here, and it is up to you to mix it up a bit!
3. Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders (No Breading) by Whole Lotta Yum
Healthier option, basic ingredients
This recipe from Whole Lotta Yum provides a healthier option for those looking to skip the breading. The breading in this recipe is replaced with simple spices. While the outcome differs from the crispy and crunchy texture of traditional chicken tenders, this recipe is great for those who limit their intake of carbohydrates. Besides, chicken tenders is really just a vehicle for dipping sauces, right?
4. Truly Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders by RecipeTin Eats
One of the things that makes this recipe great is that you don’t end up with messy fingers! That is one of my least favorite parts about making breaded dishes at home. RecipeTin Eats has a great method for dredging your chicken that eliminates a lot of the mess. Even if you don’t use this recipe, the strategy is definitely worth having in your arsenal. This is one of my new favorite baked chicken tenders recipes.
5. Cheddar Bacon Ranch Oven Baked Chicken Tenders by The Cookie Rookie
Ramp up the flavor!
Up until this point, the recipes I have listed have been for basic traditional chicken tenders. This recipe bumps up the flavor by adding cheddar, bacon, and ranch into the mix. The cheese and bacon are mixed in with the breadcrumbs, but where this recipe truly shines is the addition of ranch dressing seasonings to the dredging flour. Together, these extra ingredients amplify the savory flavors of the chicken and counterbalance it with some extra herbs and spices.
6. Gluten Free Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe by An Edible Mosaic
You don’t need gluten to make delicious chicken tenders! This recipe utilizes alternative flours, spices, and a touch of cheese to bring chicken tenders’ crispy coating to people who don’t eat or cut back on gluten.
Learn More: Baked Chicken Tenders Recipes
How Is Panko Different From Breadcrumbs? by Chowhound – There are many types and styles of breadcrumbs that can be used for making chicken tenders. This excellent article by Chowhound goes over the difference between panko crumbs and regular breadcrumbs.
Is There A Difference Between Chicken Nuggets And Chicken Tenders? by The Takeout – This excellent article goes over the difference between chicken nuggets and chicken tenders. While I thought the answer would be simple, The Takeout goes into a lot of depth on the subject. I will never use the two words interchangeably again!
Chicken Anatomy by Koch Foods – Before reading this article, I didn’t know the difference between one cut of chicken and another. Many chicken tenders recipes use boneless skinless chicken breasts. However, knowing more about the anatomy of a chicken will give you more options for your baked chicken recipes in general.
Tips For Making Baked Chicken Tenders
- I usually leave the faucet on a low trickle so I can rinse my fingers in between breadings.
- There are many ingredients you can use for the breading. This includes panko bread crumbs, traditional breadcrumbs, crushed potato chips, or even crushed Corn flakes. Feel free to make your crispy chicken tenders however you like!
- You can also add spices to your flour mixture or bread crumb mixture. This really opens the door for the different styles of baked chicken tenders you can make. This can include onion powder, black pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Use your creativity and give your coated tenders some extra flavor!
- Get creative with dipping sauces! While ketchup, barbecue sauce, and honey mustard sauce are classic chicken dips, there are many other dipping sauces you can make at home. My favorite dipping sauce for chicken fingers is a copycat of Red Robin’s campfire sauce.
Awesome Side Dishes For Baked Chicken Tenders
- French Fries
- Cole Slaw
- Potato Wedges
- Roasted Vegetables
What Are Your Favorite Baked Chicken Tenders Recipes?
We hope you enjoyed our list of awesome baked chicken tenders recipes. Did we miss any of your favorites? Let us know on social media! In the meantime, I will be off enjoying my own crispy chicken tenders.